1. The speed limit in the campground or on the property is 10 MPH maximum. Slower when people and horses are around. One vehicle per campsite allowed, others park in the general parking area.
2. Quiet time is from 10:00pm to 7:00am. Please be considerate and respect others, sound travels in the quiet of the night, more than you suspect.
3. No loud playing of radio or stereo at any time. Play for your ears only and not your neighbors.
4. No littering - we struggle to keep this a beautiful place to camp -- Upon your departure please leave the campsite as you found it. All camping equipment must be removed and the site cleaned of all litter. Thank you.
5. If you smoke, throw your cigarette butts into the fire pit or into a cigarette receptacle. The bird and animals love tobacco and would take a lit cigarette to their nest or our barn creating a fire hazard. So please don't throw butts on the ground.
1. Only 2 pets allowed per camper. While pets are very important in our lives and to your camping experience, they must always be on a 6ft. leash or physically confined at all times. Pick up their waste; attend to their needs. Exercise them routinely so they are not bored and dig holes, you may run and play with your pet in the horse arena for off the leash exercise. Do not cross through other campsites with your pet. Pets are not allowed in Cowboy Corner, bathrooms or any building. Many campers are not pet owners and their camping experience is greatly diminished if your pet is noisy. If your pet is a barker, you may be asked to make other arrangements.
1. VTR has adopted the IDNR policy regarding the Emerald Ash borer and does not allow campers, picnickers or visitors to our campground to bring in their own firewood. For this reason we provide free firewood in REASONABLE amounts to our campers to use.
2. For safety, tents should be at least 10 feet from open fires. Never place ashes in refuse bags!
3. Absolutely no removal of brush or branches from standing trees is allowed. No burning of these items: TREATED OR CREOSOTED WOOD, GLASS BOTTLES, ALUMINUM CANS
WE RECYCLE ALUMINUM CANS, dispose of them in the container at side of Cowboy Corner.
Except for fire wood, do not leave unburned debris in the fire pits. Any broken glass must be picked up and discarded in refuse bags or dumpster.
1. Absolutely no loaded firearms, bows and arrows, air guns, projectile firing devices, fireworks and explosives of any kind.
2. No motorized type vehicle allowed....mini-bikes, golf carts, mopeds, recreational or all-terrain (ATVs).
3. The use of alcohol is permitted but open drunkenness, disorderly conduct, vulgar/offending language will not be tolerated. We are family oriented and the atmosphere should be one of enjoyment. The use of alcohol is not permitted under legal drinking age.
4. No car/truck/RV washing.
5. Please store garbage in closed plastic bags at all times. Bags are for sale in the office if needed. We ask that you secure all garbage in plastic bags and deposit them in the dumpster.
6. All persons entering campground do so at their own risk. Anyone found damaging picnic tables, playground equipment, campground equipment and/or buildings, trail signs, trees, bushes, or hurting birds, animals, will be subject to removal from the campground.
7. The campground is privately owned. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and the right of dismissal from the campgrounds with no refund. Restitution required when indicated.
8. Camping is an outdoor experience; therefore we do not give refunds due to discomforts of nature.
9. We try our best, but things happen...so please bring all problems to our attention. We
cannot fix it if we don't know about it. Any suggestions you may have to help us make your camping experience more enjoyable, please let us know as well, we are glad to hear from you. Thank you.
Entrance to Vel Terra Ranch in Woodbine, Illinois consititues permission for management to use any photograph taken for any lawful purpose without compensation to the individual.